Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

No boost on my 6.4 but I can still run up to 60mph with a

Customer Question

No boost on my 6.4 but I can still run up to 60mph with a load. How will this effect my engine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying there is none, no boost at all?

Any warning lights on?

You make it sound as if you know what is wrong but want to know if it will harm the engine to finish your trip?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No boost gauge just dropped. Engine light didn't come on til I stopped to fuel up. When I turned the key light came on. It idles smooth for 20-30 seconds and then idles ruff for 10 seconds or so

No boost is going to cause the engine to be weak, waste fuel, exhaust smoke. Though you can drive short distances if it required. Check all the air tubes to and from the turbo for intake and exhaust for leaks.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

I am sorry you were not pleased with my help. I am still available if you would like to try again. I want you pleased with me.

Chris