HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I cleaned off the battery terminals as it was full of

Customer Question

I cleaned off the battery terminals as it was full of corrosion and the car starts but the engine light is on and so is the rench light. It runs ruff and it and when I put in reverse there is no power. I push on the throttle and it doesn't rev up.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello what kind of 2007 ford is this? Car or truck? engine size etc please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 ford fusion, 4 cyl front wheel drive. 4 door , car
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok when you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, sometimes carbon buildup on the throttle plate can cause the pcm to relearn the closed throttle at an partially open position. Remove the air cleaner tube to the throttle body and clean the throttle plate of any carbon buildup. Disconnect and reconnect the battery after a few minutes and start the engine, clear out the carb cleaner spray it will run rough til you burn it out. If you still have issues its most likely throttle body codes such as P2111 P2112 to name a few. It is covered by an extended warranty recall number 13N03 which you can call any local ford dealer and see if the recall is open on your vehicle and have the throttle body replaced for free.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello do you still need help with this concern?