Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I am looking to wire up an actuator that when I put my truck

Customer Question

I am looking to wire up an actuator that when I put my truck in reverse will power the actuator to drop down a light bar, but when I take it out of reverse and power is taken away the actuator will then retract
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Seems possible to me, all you would need to do is use the power to the reverse lamps or the reverse lamp pin on the 7 pin trailer connector. Run that power to a 4 pin relay coil side. So that no power is robbed from the reverse circuit. Then power the relay from the battery on a in line fused wire. Once the relay is energized by the reverse lamps, the relay will then power the light and actuator.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

I am sorry you were not pleased with my help. I am still available if you would like to try again. I want you pleased with me.

Chris