HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a CD4E loses line pressure and subsequently no

Customer Question

I have a CD4E loses line pressure and subsequently no movement...it will engage in R and D and shortly lose all pressure...75psi in park at idle as soon as you move the selector the gage fluctuates and pressure drops to nothing. If you shut down ignition and cycle off for 30 seconds pressure and movement return on restart....question would be possible bad pump...valve body issue...or seal issue...never had one act like this I've done 4 successful rebuilds on this unit but this is the first one that had water damage from leaking radiator internal cooler. case was cleaned and pitted damage parts replaced...everything seemed to be in spec......this one is making me nuts!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Yes it could be an issue with a spool regulator valve in the pump hanging up or issue in the valve body with a valve sticking. And yes also an issue with a seal internal bypassing when the trans gets hot. You would need to air check the clutches and inspect the valve body and oil pump for valves sticking to start. internal issue from what it sounds like. some of the seals for forward clutch have to be sized before installing or it can roll when putting back together for the forward clutch

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you still need help with this concern?