Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron my truck 99 f250 v10 just died and when I go to start it

Customer Question

Hey Ron my truck 99 f250 v10 just died and when I go to start it it just turns over and over and doesn't even try to start, would that be coil or fuel pump and how can it chech to figure out witch it is..
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Your 1999 has 8 coils, one on each cylinder and its not likely all have failed, The common cause is usually a failing fuel pump but before you consider a replacement I would start first with performing a fuel pressure test with hooking up a pressure gauge to the fuel rail service port, normal pressure on a good running pump should be right at 32 to 45 PSI, if you find you have no pressure the take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and check to see if you have key on engine cranking voltage in and out of the inertia switch . If you have power in and out and not fuel pressure then you most likely have a failed pump. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the inertia switch
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The inertia switch on your 1999 is located in the passenger side kick panel under the glove box.