Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Do you completely empty the fuel filter housing?
When you open the drain valve the fuel drains on the floor. The first thing I would do is replace the fuel filter first. When you open the drain valve does it act like there is air in the system?
If it's idling rough when the valve is closed its likely bad injector O rings. I would test fuel pump pressure to make sure. Usually if the injector I rings go out opening the drain valve will make the vehicle run smooth for a short amount of time. This is a time consuming job so I recommend replacing all 8 o ring sets. Once you do this the vehicle will drive like its brand new.
----------PLEASE READ THIS------------
1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.
2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.
3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.
4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.
5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.
Is there fuel in the antifreeze?
The fluid can transfer when an injector is removed though the cylinder head. It usually leaks into the cylinder.