Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have 1994 ford ranger, i have 4 speed and overdrive.i have

Customer Question

i have 1994 ford ranger, i have 4 speed and overdrive.i have to pump up the clutch 2 or 3 time, before i change gears. i purchased, this vehicle i could change gears so so,the hydrolic tank was empty, i filled up and bleeded. what can i do to help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like either the master cylinder or the slave cylinder where the master sends the fluid has failed. It's most likely the master cylinder since you mention that it will pump up clutch release pressure after a couple of tries.

Would you like procedures for replacing it?

There is also a possibility that the clutch is going out since the fluid was so low, but if you see any leaks in the system that would explain the low clutch fluid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the 2 possibility I can take it from here, you have been very helpful thanks. ted
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you needed any additional information. If I have been of some assistance I would appreciate a positive rating. Thanks!

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Don't forget to give a positive rating (that's how we experts get paid).

Thanks!

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check and see if you need any more help. Please don't forget to rate (that's how they pay us).