James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Changed my secondary fuel filter on my 08 6.4 and it won't

Customer Question

Changed my secondary fuel filter on my 08 6.4 and it won't start now
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is going to be caused by not bleeding the fuel system correctly. If you tried starting it can be harder to bleed. On top of the fuel cooler are two fuel lines. One has a test valve while the other one is the return line. Loosen the return line with a 17mm wrench. Cycle the key to the on position for 20seconds. Repeat this 5 times then try and start the engine with the fuel line still loose. Once the vehicle starts you can shut it back off and tighten down the return line.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.