rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Heat in my truck only works on passenger side then driver

Customer Question

Heat in my truck only works on passenger side then driver side blows cool . What can cause this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The blend doors inside the heater box under the dash are responsible for flow direction and temperature. You need tou check their operation first.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How will I know I have the heater box? And if it is functional?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

All vehicles have heater boxes, that's where the blend doors are stored. It will have the floor vent underneath it and usually located from the center to the passenger side.

Thanks, Ron