Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 f150 4.6. loses power and speed ometer bounces crazy.

Customer Question

2005 f150 4.6. loses power and speed ometer bounces crazy. have replaced throttle body & pedal assy
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Any warning lights on?

Does the speedometer issue result in transmission issues?

Can you go into more detail on the power losss?

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first code said throttle body. I replaced it and no problems for two months. Problems started again. Last code only had the pedal assembly listed. Replaced it today and it seemed better but still threw the wrench light. If it gets rough enough the engine light will come on and once it said transmision fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power loss is like having water in gas or a clogged fuel filter. truck runs rough, speed drops, tacks a little high in spurts, then clears up and runs fine for a short time.

Do you know the code numbers stored now?

Are you behind on any maintenance like filters, tune up, cleaning any systems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gonna run it in the morning to see if any codes turn up. maintenance up to date. starting to think maybe a computer problem.

Great, just report back when ready.