Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Hello, in order for the oil to not drain back the oil filter needs to be fully secured. Otherwise it won't close the anti drain back valve. If you have an aftermarket oil filter with a large cap they don't always close the drain back valve all the way. That is why it's best to stay with Ford.
----------PLEASE READ THIS------------
1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.
2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.
3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.
4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.
5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.
When you remove the filter it's going to drain? Is this what you mean. It only won't drain when the filter is installed. If it is draining back when the filter is install the drain back valve at the bottom can be defective.