Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have vibration under my in both seats took to a supposed

Customer Question

have vibration under my butt in both seats took to a supposed suspension expert repair shop put upper and lower ball joints on new shocks and new tires did front end alignment and wheel balancing made no difference at all shop s diagnoses after almost a thousand dollars of work is they don't know what is wrong where do I go from here? Car is a 2002 ford explorer with 90,000 miles on it I have been diligent on keeping up with maintenance since day one!!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If this vibration occurs at idle or revving up engine and when driving this may be an issue with a worn or damaged engine or transmission mount causing this needing replaced.I have also seen exhaust heat shields cause this as well if they are bent and contacting the body or vehicle frame or engine and transmission as this transmits the vibration up into the inside of the vehicle like this here.

If these were not checked over to see if any of these need replaced or re shaped this needs done.

If these were checked and found o.k. already my next step would be to have the drive lines/axles checked to see if any are out of balance needing re balanced or if severe balance issues are found with any of them the affected component would need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.