Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 98 mustang gt wouldn't start. I replaced the battery and

Customer Question

My 98 mustang gt wouldn't start. I replaced the battery and it ran, but the next day was dead. I replaced the alternator, jumped it, and it started. However, when I disconnected the jumper cables, it took a minute, then sputtered and died. I jumped it again, and removed the cables and it died. I figured I had a bad alternator, so I returned it, bought another, and had it tested before I left the store. Installed, and it dies the same thing. Help,
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a battery charger, we need to charge the battery to be able complete the tests below on the alternator and its wiring and signals to it. below are the tests we will follow in a link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/98testA.pdf

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see the rating selection on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

This question is showing as not resolved. I am still available to help if you need it.

Chris