Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2004 taurus with a 3.0 duratec engine. It has a

Customer Question

I have a 2004 taurus with a 3.0 duratec engine. It has a P1633 code and does not idle when the engine is cold.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

For the code you have, erase the code with a battery disconnect. If it returns then check fuse 22 under the hood for battery voltage. If that is good then check the pink/blue wires to PCM pins 55 and 58. If you get battery voltage there and the PCM pins are not weak, bent, loose, or corroded then the PCM is to blame.

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see the rating selection on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

This question is showing as not resolved. I am still available to help if you need it.

Chris