Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have an odd problem in amy Ford Explorer began to produce

Customer Question

Have an odd problem in a*****my Ford Explorer began to produce excess exhaust which smelled like burnt sugar and the car could not accelerate to over 20 mph . Do you have any idea as to what could cause this.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Beyond the concerns you mentioned was the engine running weak or poor?

So far I am leaning most towards a clogged catalytic converter. If that is what it seems like (an exhaust restriction) then remove both upstream O2 sensors for a short windows down test drive. If the power is back then it is one of the converters clogged.

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see the rating selection on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine / car was running great. We went up to Maine for some hiking last week, absolutely no issues. [ inspected / oil change and servicing check up . . . Was done in July ]
I came down with a bit of a bug so the truck was parked on the drive for several days ( country driveway).
The vehicle has less than 60,000 miles on it.

Thanks for the update, let me know when you have the ability to perform the tasks I mentioned.

This question is showing as not resolved. I am still available to help if you need it.

Chris