James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have an F350 power stroke and started leaking quite a bit

Customer Question

I have an F350 power stroke and started leaking quite a bit on oil it seems like it was coming from the belly area so today l took of the air lines going into turbo and the tube going to the heads quite a bit of oil there in the belly area,i am thinking it leaking from this area but not sure thought the would be a oil cooling line that goes to the turbo but don't see one l need help???
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if the leak is coming from the braided lines these are high pressure oil lines. You can buy replacement lines and the disconnect tool. The disconnect tool will allow you to disconnect the lines with ease so you can swap it out. If the leak is going all the way under the turbo and to the back of the passenger cylinder head. This is a fuel line and is also known to leak.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'am sure its not a fuel leak and the only way to find out if its a braided line is to start the engine and let it run correct
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

The fuel line will be just a steel line. If it's a steel braided line it is high pressure oil.