Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 98 ford louisville dump truck with air

Customer Question

I have a 98 ford louisville dump truck with air brakes...cannot find brake light activation switch. already looked at air vale on bottom of petal, firewall inside and out...also parking brake switch. where do they mount it on this truck?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models it can be integrated into the brake master cylinder/pressure cylinder as some are replaced as a complete assembly.On models with anti lock brakes it may also be installed in the abs hydraulic unit itself.If you are unable to locate it and with no one here replying with its exact location if you can I would contact a repair center or dealer by phone to see if they can tell you for sure where this is located as sometimes they will do this at no cost to you.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pete, thanks for your reply but it really was of no help. this truck has an air brake system and the stop light activation switch is usually on the air valve, on the firewall or mounted under the dash inside the truck. I want to know the exact location of the switch because there are no brake lights activating when brakes are applied...I have vin number if it helps?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have myself on this here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete