Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have 2000 Ford Taurus with code p1414 i put the scanner

Customer Question

Hi i have 2000 Ford Taurus with code p1414 i put the scanner and comand the air pump and works but when the engine is on the pump is of and code come back what cull be the problem thank Miguel
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

P1414 means that the PCM is seeing a voltage output from the solid state air pump relay when it's not commanding the pump to run. The PCM will watch this circuit looking for it to be grounded through the windings of the pump motor to verify that the circuit is complete as well. The most commnon reason is a faulty AIR pump. If you need the Ford diag steps let me know.

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see the rating selection on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I do not help diagnose cars over the phone but another will call you and help if they believe they can.