Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a problem whit the abs ligth turn on. in low speed

Customer Question

Hi George . i have a problem whit the abs ligth turn on . in low speed and low rpm its ok . but as soon i speed up i turn on .. any ideaforgot to tell you its a Ford explorer 1997
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If I had to guess I would guess its probably a bad wheel speed sensor but I would personally check the ABS codes first and see what code is set.. it will save a lot of guesswork and wasted money.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thanks . but i asked to find out ? if i could do a quick check by myself
and maybe find something easy to fix ..
without take the car to a Ford dealer and check codes etc...
I live in a small town i Sweden,
and have 2 hours to a Ford dealer..The answer are ok , but didn`t helped me outKindly
Tobbe Kraft ***@******.***

If you have a scan tool and can get the codes from the ABS module I can tell you what to check to verify the problem. Without knowing what the computer is seeing theres no way of knowing what to check.. the computer sees some part not behaving like it should but it would be silly to check all the speed sensors and associated wiring just to find out the problem was for the ABS module not getting power or something. All you can do is look around and see if you see anything obvious or order a cheap scan tool or something to get the codes.