Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2000 crown vic and it's first throwing a trac

Customer Question

HI, I have a 2000 crown vic and it's first throwing a trac light, then a chime. Immediately at that time it starts hesitating and bucking which makes the digital dash spike simultaneously with the bucking. Example the temp is normal but spikes up and down to the top along with the other gauges during the hesitation. no check engine light comes on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Are there any ABS code since the traction control light is coming on? You may have a wheel speed sensor reading wrong which makes the ABS think you spinning on ice, which results in the ABS telling the PCM to limit the engine power by not pulsing the fuel injectors to reduce the power, whcih results i na misfire type feeling.

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see this on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

This question is showing as not resolved. I am still available to help if you need it.

Chris