Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 Ford Explorer. Multiple issues are occurring. Driver

Customer Question

2005 Ford Explorer. Multiple issues are occurring. Driver door lock switch is not functioning. Interior lights will not turn off. Driver power lock switch is non functional.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The website only allows us to help and diagnose one issue per question. Though you only have 2 issues and they may be related. I assume the lock issue is the one you want to diagnose on this question being you mentioned it twice. Does the passenger door lock switch work and do all door locks work unlock and lock?

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see this on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

This question is showing as not resolved. I am still available to help if you need it.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finally had time this past weekend to work on my issue. The map lights power door locks on the drivers door and the door ajar share a common ground circuit. The ground wire from the door to the body was broken.

Glad you got it resolved, sorry you were not able to respond sooner so I could help more so you could utilize the deposit you paid by rating me.

I hate that you spent money for nothing.