AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I do have question. When I picked up the Explorer

Customer Question

Hi Brian,I do have a followup question. When I picked up the Explorer (electronic system check) I asked the service writer (same one I asked earlier) how the folding mirrors work, since there is no switch for that. He said to fold them you you just hold down the button that adjusts the mirror. That doesn't do anything, so I decided to look for the motor. I removed the LH mirror and stripped off all the housing that's removable. What's left is a sealed unit that holds the glass mirror but is still so heavy and bulky I suspect the motor is in there. Do you know whether that's correct? If so, I just need to order that ebay mirror you suggested.
ThanksGaylord
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

So, your basically trying to figure out if your current mirrors are already power mirrors? Is that right?

I'm not sure what button he would be referring to, since they are not power mirrors, right? If they have a button, then they are power mirrors. I don't think any of them are power folding mirrors in 93. Just the glass is power.