AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

2001 Ranger is not blowing any air in AC mode it dose in

Customer Question

2001 Ranger is not blowing any air in AC mode
it dose in heater mode
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

The evaporator core is not allowing air to pass through it. Usually when that happens it's because it froze up due to a low freon charge, but sometimes it can be just badly plugged up from dirty air blowing through it.

If you run your heat for a few minutes, then switch to AC, will it blow any air regardless of temperature for any period of time? or does it immediately stop blowing air as soon as you switch from heat to AC?

Did you still need help with this?

If I have answered your question, please don't forget to click accept and rate my service. Your money was put into a deposit account and I don't get paid until you do. It is always free to follow up with me regarding this issue even after rating my service. If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask.