James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

2001 F150 4.6L Super Crew - 1. Open any of the 4 doors and

Customer Question

2001 F150 4.6L Super Crew - 1. Open any of the 4 doors and the Signal along with Hi-beam indicator lamps flash rapidly. Shut the door, the flashing stops.
2. Electric Windows will not roll Down or up. Click is heard but no function. 12V to window switch exists.
3. HVAC engages but no Blower Function. Causes same Indicator lights to flash.
4. Wipers work along with radio, exterior lights, and brake lights. Factory keyless remote works.
5. No signals, no hazards. I pressed the hazards and buzzing noise (like a short) occurs behind the after market radio.
What is the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the first thing I would inspect is the driver side ground. It is under the driver side kick panel. If this ground is clean and tight then your concern is likely going to be a bad gem module. The gem module is located on the backside of the fuse panel. It controls all the items you have mentioned. The symptoms you have are common and similar to that of the gem module going bad.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Skill level, advanced intermediate.I checked the grounds, no short. Replaced the GEM with a used one, and the same issues exist. I would think that something else would exist if this used GEM was bad too, not the same issues.The battery saver relay is getting hot with doors closed and key out of ignition.I tried to jump the driver window to roll it up. Heard a click under the dash, and the window didn't move.Could this be an issue with the fuse panel itself?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

When you had it apart were there any signs of moisture inside the gem or fuse panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None, no corrosion.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Did you swap only the gem module or did you swap over the entire fuse panel as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the GEM. I am changing out the fuze panel today and pulling the aftermarket radio. I will let you know the results.Shouldn't I have been able to jump the window motor, what would have prevented the window to jump?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

The driver side window is controlled through the gem module. The other windows aren't though. Beside the power for accessory delay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.