Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I am not sure what the cruise control fuse would have to do

Customer Question

I am not sure what the cruise control fuse would have to do with computer that calculates the DTE and MPG for the info Center???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Can you explain exactly what the problem is and if there are any error codes and what those error codes are

Also, so that I can pull any required schematics, I need the VIN number of the vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN #2FMDA58482BA51410. The cluster starts beeping and the info center displays COMP ERROR when I have it on the TEMP/COMP feature and FUEL COMP DATA ERROR when I have it on the DTE display. The systems beeps for awhile, then the DTE will display and the beeping stops until the system does a reset and the beeping starts again. Hitting Reset during the error period does nothing. I have had the cluster rebuilt and tried another used cluster and the results are the same. This all started with the needles going crazy even with the key turned off and removed just as I have seen and heard of other Windstars doing on the internet.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, no technical service bulletins out on this. The wiring diagram is divided up onto almost 20 pages, so give me about 30 minutes with them and get back to you then.