Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 07 Ford Focus and the battery keeps draining and

Customer Question

I have a 07 Ford Focus and the battery keeps draining and I'm not sure why. I've already replaced my battery and my alternator just about three months ago. When I took it to autozone yesterday they told me both were functioning properly so they couldn't tell me why my car kept having the problem. I'm thinking it may be electrical. One odd thing I definitely noticed about my car was that my air would be blowing in my vents even when I don't even have my air turned on. So I don't know what that was about or whether it contributes to my current problem. I'm in the process of getting a new car but I just need this one to last a couple months longer. Help :(
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** blower for the heater and a/c may be causing the battery to drain overnight,m does the air continue to come out with the key off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No once the car is off everything appears completely off. No air blowing, no lights on or anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's not just overnight, the car has completely died in the middle of me driving. I made a*****to work from autozone after they charged it, went to 7/11, then my friend drove my car back to the house. The car sat there for about 30 mins and he went back out and everything was dead again. Only about 2-2 1/2 hours after it was fully charged. No ac on or anything.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a voltmeter? we need to see what the voltage is when running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't have one of those, where would I find that ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

you can get cheap one from any parts house, like autozone or oriellys,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok and once I get that, I'd have the give my car a jump and start it up. Then what?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

check the voltage of the battery when its running and let me know what it is,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

let me know,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do they check the voltage when they check if the battery and the alternator is functioning properly?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

yes, but I need to know the exact voltage,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm trying to find someone to take me to purchase one at the moment.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

no worries