HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Maybe, I have a 2010 ford fusion hybrid with dual ac

Customer Question

maybe, I have a 2010 ford fusion hybrid with dual ac control. The relay that controls the blower motor went bad and I replace it. Now the air flow is very poor, it changes speeds and it blows cold. Any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Yes take a look at the cabin air filter behind the glove box. it pops out easily and is most likely dirty and restricted. Clean it off if it is a screen style or just remove it and see if the airflow is improved and replace as needed.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Shown here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
already tried that, even tried running with it out and same problem.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok does the blower motor blow at full speed. You mentioned replacing a relay. If there is no air restriction through the cabin air filter, I would suspect a weak blower motor itself. With it removed it should move fast and push a lot of air, if not, I would suspect a weak blower motor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have two new blower motors that I bought trouble shooting the relay. They both work the same. Also tried two blower motor resistors, still same issue.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Then if the blower motor is working properly one of the interior blend doors inside the heater/ac box behind the dash is not working properly, restricting the air flow. A diagnostic test for codes of the HVAC module(ac control module) might show a code to point you in the proper direction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will look into that thanks, ***** ***** you know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its blowing cold, wouldn't blend door make it blow warm?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Only if its a temperature blend door, there are several mode doors inside the heater ac box to direct airflow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any idea how many and where they are located on 2010 ford fusion hybrid?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Post your vin number and ill see if i can find any more information on your concern

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to get that soon, its my daughter's car and she doesn't stay home much......
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No problem. i can check a few other things once I have the VIN

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took so long, I was out of town. The vin # *****
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok there is a Technical service bulletin for reduced airflow but after extended driving and it calls for reprogramming the hvac climate control module. This may be part of your concern, since an update for themodule is available I would start there or at least run a diagnostic on the hvac module which would have to be done at a dealer unfortunatley