Anthony
Anthony, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp.
15218643

1997 Ford e-150 pulls to the left while braking .I changed

Customer Question

1997 Ford e-150 pulls to the left while braking .I changed out calipers and brake pads. I bled the brakes and noticed that the fluid comes out the driver's side easier than it does on the passenger side. I took it for a test drive and it still pulls to the left. Could it be possible that the passenger side brake line the rubber hose is collapsing or coming apart from the inside?
Thanks J.D.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Yes thats very possible and would cause what you describe. I would get both sides done and see what happens. Let me know how it goes and if its fixed or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Get both sides done? Please elaborate.I changed both front calipers and brake pads. As I said while bleeding the brakes the fluid flow a lot easier from the driver's side front and a lot slower from the passenger side front. When you step on the brakes while driving it still spins the steering wheel to the left.
Are you saying go ahead and change out the passenger side brake hose?
Thanks again
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

I recommend you change both brake hoses. They probably are the same age and are going to be a problem at some point. Most of the time when a caliper wont fix that issue it turns out to be the hoses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Ordering parts (brake hoses) now.
Thank again, I'll let you know.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome!