James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2008 f150 limited. at low rpm i get a shake

Customer Question

i have a 2008 f150 limited. at low rpm i get a shake accompanied with sounds like it wants to stall or choked for air kicks right out runs fine. i have all power full acceleration just does this out of the blue been to ford and everywhere else they say nothing wrong with my truck keeps happening. i have replaced all plugs control modular ran different cleaners thinking i had a clog injector. any clue?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, usually this concern can be found with low oil pressure. The first thing you want to do is manually test oil pressure with a gauge. At hot idle when it is acting up the oil pressure needs to be at 25psi. It oil pressure drops below 25 psi the engine will run rough due to improper timing. If you have less than 25psi it is going to be a base engine concern. If you still have 25psi then you problem should be fixable. To test oil pressure the gauge plums into the engine oil temp sensor by the oil filter.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.