Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Chuck...Iam ...how much do you charge skills and

Customer Question

Hi Chuck...Iam Robert...how much do you charge for your skills and information?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on a 2008 ford Taurus X the windshield PUMPS have gone out. I am unable to locate a fuse them. When I press the button on the hi/lo headlight switch turn signal, the windshield wipers move front and back. I am not able to get the pumps to supply fluid to wash the windows. I am not sure what to look for. the first thing comes to mind is a blown fuse. Do you have any other suggestions?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Turn the key on, open the hood, remove the washer reservoir cap, and listen to it while another commands the washer pump. If you hear hum or moan noise then the pump is working. Remove the line to the washer jets and try it again to see if it sprays. If it does then use compressed air to blow air backwards through the jets to clean them out. Rarely is a fuse to blame in this case, it normally the switch or pump. Try the previous steps and let me know the results.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris