Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

Is the stability control sensor cluster - yaw rate, roll

Customer Question

is the stability control sensor cluster - yaw rate , roll rate faults C1517 and C1279 non erasable without replacing the sensor? where is this sensor located? on 2006 Ford Van E350
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The stability control sensor cluster is mounted under the passenger front seat. You need a scan tool that can perform the IVD (ESC) initialization sequence. Basically calibrates all the sensors and the system for proper operation. Just replacing the sensor will not repair the problem.

Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

The yaw rate sensor is located on the rear axle housing, it has a lever with plastic connectors that are known to be failure, most of the time replacing the rod which comes with the connectors is all that is needed to correct the problem. Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not please ask me another question,i will continue to answer your questions even after rating i given until you are satisfied with my answers.

Please RATE my service a 3 or ABOVE,if for some reason you can not,PLEASE ask another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you RATE my service, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.