Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2006 explorer it surges like I am playing with the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 explorer it surges like I am playing with the gas peddle and then without any notice it acts like it is running out of gas at highway speed and jerks and then clears up and runs fine it has done this about 4 times and I have been to the mechanics
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I assume there are no warning lights on?

You mentioned this has occurred 4 times over what length of time or miles?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has done this when I am driving long distance in town it just surges lightly and runs fine then on the highway after about 400 miles it just starts to cut out and starts missing I keep going and can maintain speed of about 65 and in about 50 miles it just seams to clearup on its own

With the current information, my thoughts are to check the EGR system to see if it is clogged restricting flow and to monitor the fuel pressure while driving to see if its ever dipping low or not staying steady during these events indicating a fuel pump pr pressure regulator issue.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris