Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Just replaced air vent actuator and defrost vents blow but

Customer Question

just replaced air vent actuator and defrost vents blow but will not switch to air vents...also tape deck not working properly...thinking EAM relay? any thoughts? 1999 ford Taurus wagon
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The mode doors need vacuum from the engine to operate. Do you own a vacuum gauge? We need to get the climate control out of the dash and with the engine running verify the engine is getting 10 in hg of vacuum or more to the climate control. Is that something you can do?

The in dash tape deck symptom chart states to replace the integrated control panel when the cassette player is not operating correct.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Next step is to check vacuum. My father is skilled and can help. Please assist further with tape deck symptom as this happened at the same time. I can hear the motor trying to read the cassette, but it does not function. Is there a module or relay I should try replacing? I appreciate the help.Amber

Amber there is not a relay nor fuse nor module that is to blame for the tape player. It is the tape player itself which is faulty which is part of the radio which is built into the integrated control panel where the climate control also is. Below is a link for the replacement directions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/99taurusradio.pdf