sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2006 ford f150 5.4 v8. I just had ford dealership change my

Customer Question

2006 ford f150 5.4 v8. I just had ford dealership change my right side exhaust manifold. (passenger side) Now I have a truck running rough! What's causing the error codes po174 with a po301. After clearing the codes I got a po174 and po303. At first I thought it was my plugs/coils but I'm getting different cylinders on bank1. But my lean error is showing bank2??
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You most likely have a couple different issues going on. The P0174 is for the left bank running lean, P0303 is a number 3 cylinder misfire. Number three is on the right bank. It's possible that you could have a fuel related issue causing both the lean code and the misfire but it hasn't yet set a lean code for the right bank. You may have a bad upstream oxygen sensor on the left bank and a separate issue causing the misfire.

Has fuel pressure been tested?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** check into the oxygen sensor next! I've tested the MAF sensor and it's fine. I checked the PCV valve and line and they're good. Coils and plugs are also very recent. So I will change the top oxygen sensor on the exhaust. Thank you!!

You're welcome!