Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

2006 F-350 6.0 TD will not start when cold. Must plug in CCH

Customer Question

2006 F-350 6.0 TD will not start when cold. Must plug in CCH below 40 degrees F
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, on this engine it is usually caused by a failing glow plug module. Without working glow plugs the vehicle doesn't start well when cold.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

On the 6.0l engine usually when it wont start cold it is a failed FICM module, a scan tool hooked up to check the FICM_MPWR reading will check this, it needs to be 45volts or more to start, a new module can now be bought preprogrammed.