AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

The 97 4.6 expedition 4w drive has these problems, after

Customer Question

The 97 4.6 expedition 4w drive has these problems, after changing the gem module my blinker lites light up when I turn the heater on. The heater didn't work befor I changed it now it blows air but only one speed the lites only come on when the heater is turned on.It will move and operate like all is OK when the heater is off , blinkers don't wrk when heater is on either all others do and it operates good. Before I changed the gem mod. The override lite on shifter handle blinked and acted like it was slipping now it dont! Can u help????
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Is the number on the GEM the exact same number as the original GEM? The new module has to have come out of a car with all the same options for it to work properly. Also, are you positive that the GEM you installed wasn't water damaged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all numbers are the same and no damage to the one that went in.

alright. The symptoms your having sound like an incorrect gem. I'll opt out in case a ford tech is available and can guide you in a better direction than me. I have installed a few of these off ebay, and only had problems with the speedometer not reading, but everything else worked fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is of no help to me!

I am sorry about that. Had way too much going on here at the moment. When you removed your GEM, did you inspect your fuse box to make sure that it didn't get wet? I assume you replaced your gem module because it had gotten damaged by water? I have seen quite a few expedition fuse boxes damaged right along with the gem modules.

I am looking at the GEM functions, and the problems your having aren't even controlled by the GEM. Please look at the fuse box and make sure there is no signs of water damage.