C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

I have an all wheel drive Ford 500. The the all wheel drive

Customer Question

I have an all wheel drive Ford 500. The the all wheel drive light keeps coming on. Why?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

This means the transmission computer is detecting an issue. Most of the times it is an issue with the motor in the rear differential. It will also show a code of P1889. There is a TSB technical service bulletin for this issue. It should be replaced with a new pump that is upgraded. I would bring it to the nearest service center and see if the TSB has been performed on your vehicle. If not than I would have them put the rear diff pump kit in. This will take care of the problem. You can jack the car up disconnect the motor which is right next to the drain plug. You will than jump power and ground to the pump if it does not run it is indeed the pump that needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.