Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

2005 ford f350 no start but cranks?

Customer Question

2005 ford f350 no start but cranks?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

You have a diesel engine in this vehicle that depends on extremely high pressure fuel system, do you have a fuel pressure guage? The most common problem on a no start on these engines is low fuel pressure, but the high pressure oil pump provides the extreme pressure needed to start these vehicles, and it is common for it not to set codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok can u help me i can moniter all the pressures

What is the pressure during crank no start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

icp dsd is 10090 while cranking

icp pressure is 3500 during cranking

icp voltage is only .75 volts cranking

Because the icp voltage is low , and the fuel pressure is normal, most likely the FICM ( Fuel Injection Control Module) is the issue, check power and ground to the FICM if good FICM Has internal failure.Please rate my service a 3 or above,if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you have given your rating until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i already tried replacing ficm

You will have to troubleshoot the low voltage issue, could be wiring issue,relay issue,etc. Swap FICM with known good component and monitor voltage on scanner,see if different.