Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2002 ford thunderbird Three or four times recently

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ford thunderbird Three or four times recently I have experienced sudden acceleration while stopped at a red light. Luckily I have been able to brake and put the car in neutral. That was just luck. I see lots of info on the Internet about this problem. there were class action lawsuits in which ford denied te problem Have the lawsuits been resolved? Is ford now accepting responsibility? How can I fix the problem? It's dangerous.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

I don't know if the class action has gone anywhere

but this is almost certainly an issue with the electric throttle

I'd suggest 1st checking over the wiring and connection for any damage and then consider replacing the entire throttle with a new item

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.