Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Buying a truck, the paperwork on it says they are not sure

Customer Question

Buying a truck, the paperwork on it says they are not sure if overdrive works. Is this a bad sign?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Expert you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place. Sorry for the delay.

If the paper work says there is a problem with the overdrive not working then YES this is a big problem and could very likely be a very expensive repair including a possible transmission replacement and or overhaul . If you are considering buying this truck I would insist on them fixing the problem with the transmission or consider passing on this deal.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short

Thank you, Ron