Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

I have a 2004 Ford Explorer Sports Trac with Sunroof. In

Customer Question

Hi Chris...... I have a 2004 Ford Explorer Sports Trac with Sunroof. In recent months I have noticed A water stain around the headlines where it meets the sunroof. I was of the opinion that the sunroof was not completely close but upon closer inspection I could see that it was. The water stain was more noticeable around the sunroof one the driver's side quote near the us visor. As time went on it became noticeable all around the sunroof where it came in contact with the headliner. I took it to the Ford dealer and was told this was the " headliner glue" leaking thru. Really? You mean to tell me after almost 13 years the glue decides to "leak" thru. Puleeze don't insult my intelligence by handing me this excuse. Now, Chris, I would like you to tell me what you think is going on.....
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely what is occurring is the sealant used on the sunroof rubber seal has deteriorated over time , a new seal with fresh sealant needs to be installed, over time extreme temperatures on the roof of the car cause deterioration of the sealant and also the rubber seal gets minute cracks in it, allowing rain water to enter the passenger compartment of the vehicle. Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, i will continue to answer your questions even after you rate my service until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please rate my service a 3 or above,if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you have given your rating until you are completely satisfied with my answers.