Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ok, I have 2 fords doing the same thing 1st: 09 Ford F150

Customer Question

ok, I have 2 fords doing the same thing
1st: 09 Ford F150 5.4 Vin: 1FTPW14V19FA97518
Going down the road it just dies, if put in neutral it will restart...but it is intermittant. They have already installed a new fuel pump and fuel pump module. I ran codes and it has P025A, P0690, U109, U1097, & U3003. Suggestions?????
2nd: 05 Mercury Montego 3.0 DOHC Vin: 1MEHM40195G12542
going down the road it just died....will not restart, have checked fuel pressue-good and ran codes...U2013. Suggestions????
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

go here alldatadiy.com, for less than $10 per vehicle, you will be able to add both vehicles to their database for 6 months, there you can search technical service bulletins get explanations for code numbers, wiring diagrams troubleshooting charts etc. Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, i will continue to answer your questions even after you rate my service until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so I paid $25 for you to tell me to pay another $20 to look up the info I already knew....I have access the codes and what they are for, I have access to the TSB's....That obviously didnt help me, hence the reason I paid to get another persons opinion and expertise. Please open question back up for someone else that may be able to help.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Different tech here

Since you requested someone else, here I am. The website only allows us to help and diagnose one car per question, though you may be able to use some of the same info for both. Which car would you like me to help with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

#1 Please. Thank you!

The 09 F150, the symptoms fit most towards a throttle body issue or fuel pressure dropping low at first glance. Below are some links showing what these codes mean and how to diagnose them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/09f150p025A.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/09F150p0690.pdf

U109 is to short of a code

U1097 no such code

U3003, I would need to know which module stored this code.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris