Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

About a week ago the overdrive light located on the ipc of

Customer Question

About a week ago the overdrive light located on the ipc of my 04 F150 started flashing. The truck seems to strain on accelerating from a stop but once it get to about 30 mph it runs fine. The rpm seem to be lower than normal and there is a sluggish response with the accelerator. The transmission pan was removed and there was no metal and the fluid looks good and not burnt. There were 2 codes, P0720 and P2106 and a maintenance light that was reset and have not set again. Presently there a trans fault message and the od light flashes that resets each time the engine is turned off.
The truck has 196000 miles on it. The od went out last year and it was caused by a broken snap ring. The ring was replaced and it worked fine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

0720 means the computer is either not getting an accurate OSS output shaft speed signal, no signal, or the signal is not what its expecting to see. Which means the sensor wiring or sensor is messed up or it is slipping.

2106 means the computer has limited the power because is senses a concern that can cause more damage or a collision so it is not letting the throttle body fully open.

When accelerating from a stop does it seem to be in 1st gear and can you go into detail on what 1st and 2nd gear do as well as the 1-2 shift, any concerns noticed with them?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris