Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Getting P132B. Once the truck ts 4th or 5th gear it bogs

Customer Question

Getting P132B. Once the truck hits 4th or 5th gear it bogs down. Then turbo slowly starts kicking in.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

On the top of the turbo at the VGT actuator. Make sure it is physically connected. With the key off, verify the actuator can be moved and then when released it springs back. With the key off for at minimum 30 seconds. Have an assistant turn the key to the run position while monitoring the VGT actuator. It should sweep through its normal range of motion when turning the key on. If it does not move but the linkage is OK and moved freely with key off, check for battery voltage to the actuator on the Green/White (GN/WH) wire at pin 1, and check for ground on the Black/Yellow (BK/YE) wire at pin 2. If the power and ground are OK, suspect a faulty VGT actuator. If the actuator cycles as it should when turning the key on, perform the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) and Key On Engine Running (KOER) self tests with a scanner to be sure the code sets as a hard fault. If no codes return until the vehicle is driven and the truck has a severe lack of power, check for a restricted Catalytic Converter or Diesel Particulate Filter.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris