Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I bought a 2002 f150 that I was unaware had a salvage title

Customer Question

i bought a 2002 f150 that I was unaware had a salvage title until I got it in the mail. It was having transmission problems. So I had a 2001 f150 with a blown motor and I had that transmision put in by a novice. Now its like the transmission is grinding, holding back, ... I had the codes ran and got:
P1336
P1000
P1747
P0750
P0775
P0753
P0740
P1760
P0758
Where do I start
Category: Ford
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.

I don't think your entire question came through on the page. Do you have the trouble codes handy?

Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 year ago.

Just moment. The rest of your post just came through

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw you got the rest of my post. Do you have an answer or a direction I should go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's after 10:30 pm here. I have to get up at 5 am. I'd like an answer or at least know you are reviewing my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will leave this window open. I am a widow and have no where to go but google which brought me here and i paid for, or YouTube. I'd prefer a written answer.Thanking you in advance.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Different tech here,

It appears the other tech has opted out. Would you mind or like if I tried to help?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please.

Can you give me some better symptoms like was is seen, felt, heard, from starting the vehicle to getting up to 55mph if it will?

Do you know how to do electrical diag, we need to pick one of the codes, diagnose it and see how many issues that resolves.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris