James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2008 ford f250 with the 6.4 disel it was running

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford f250 with the 6.4 disel it was running perfect I pull it into wash bay thought I had windows up but had left the two front down a cople inches !! After noticeing this mistake I roll them up didn't look like very much had gotten on dash so I didn't worry!! Next day I go to crank it an it wont crank it comes up on instrument panel that trailer brake module malfunction!!! Put a fan to blow dash for a cople day an reconected battery the truck cranks drive it a couple days then pull it up in shop cut it off an now it want crank has locked me out an shows the same thing any ideas??
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you wash the engine compartment as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

If you disconnect both batteries for ten minutes does it make a difference? The reason I ask is it can be a very small glitch having the issue. Hopefully resetting the modules should get you back up and running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disconnected them for a couple days!!when I reconnect the same thing keeps saying on dash that trailer brake module malfunction? Picture of a car with a lock !
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a scan tool to see if any codes show up. The only thing I can think is if pressurized water got behind the cluster you could be getting an issue like this. A small amount of water in the open shouldn't be able to cause this kind of damage. Unplugging the trailer brake won't make a difference. It does sound like your issue is with the instrument cluster. Testing for instrument cluster DTCs is where I would start.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.