EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I accidentally put 8 gallons of E85 in my fuel tank. I added

Customer Question

I accidentally put 8 gallons of E85 in my fuel tank. I added about 24 gallons of diesel, so about 1/4 of the tank is E85. Should I drain the tank?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. More than likely if you run that your truck will not run well and then you will have to drain all the lines and replace the fuel filters. The injectors also rely on the diesel fuel for a lubricant. I would drain the tank. I see this many, many times at the dealer. Sometimes people tow them in before starting them and sometimes people drive it in. The ones that get driven in, usually need more work to get them running again.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Do you have any more questions on this? Have you made any progress? Please rate my service provided and thanks for using Just Answer.