James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I took my 2006 f350 6.0L in to dealer because of engine

Customer Question

I took my 2006 f350 6.0L in to dealer because of engine check light. Only symptom was very slight hesitation or stumble when topping a grade or otherwise letting off the accelerator, and lag for turbo kicking in. They are telling me turbo needs work and four of 8 injectors are showing bad and I should replace all. I get the turbo, but at 160k and no real symptoms am skeptical the injectors are bad. Should I be skeptical?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the turbo is sticking to me. If the vehicle isn't running rough I wouldn't think injectors are bad. I wouldn't worry about replacing injectors. It sounds like they just want more work out of you.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.