James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

By all research I have done, I need a new smart junction box

Customer Question

By all research I have done, I need a new smart junction box in my 2006 ford fusion. There was mention on one site about possible need for reprogramming. Can you explain that?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just bought a 2006 Ford Fusion. Noticed the left blinker, only in front did not work. Person I bought it from said it was just burned out. When I got home and switched bulbs, still did not work. Noticed on ride home the right blinker blinked fast too inside the car. Checked outside and neither front blinker works. Rear do. Discovered right side bulb was removed. When I put a bulb in, it stayed on all the time. I've researched a ton and it looks like a known Ford issue with the smart junction box. My question is: Where is it located? Is it something an average person can switch? I've also seen that replacement ones may need 'programming.' How do I know if it does? I found some replacement ones online for a little over $300. Would like to do it myself it posible.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the smart junction box is a fuse panel but also a module. It will require programming when installed to operate properly. The programming is done by a dealership with the correct equipment. It is best to let the dealer do the install because without being able to program the module the vehicle isn't going to run.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.