JContin
JContin, ford shop owner
Experience:  13 years experience, full ford training for a couple of years, chief supervisor for ford dealership.
35803371

I have a 2001 Ford Windstar.The drivers side window us not

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Ford Windstar.The drivers side window us not working.The unit that raises and lowers the window is new.The switch unit is also new.The window is still now working.Ipulled, and rested all the fuses,and they checked O.K. Tht onlt other thing I can think of is a relay .I was told that the relays are all the same, and if I switch them around I I should be able to find the one that is bad. I need to know if they are all the same.I'm confused because they all have a different number.What can you suggest?
Category: Ford
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

hi

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already sent my question about the 2001 Ford Wind star. I'm waiting for the answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

ok, I cant get to a phone but we will try and help you out.

Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

If you prefer a phone service I will opt out and let another tech assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already paid for help,but had to reset my password ***** It seems that all the info I gave is lost/
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

oh ok, I will try to help you this way, no charge just in case your teck is offline

Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

can you move the passengers side power window ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2001 Ford Windstar.The front drivers sied window stopped working.A new power unit that raises and lowers the window is new. The complete switch unit is new.I've pulled and tested all the fuses.They all checked out as good. The onlt thing I can tink fo that's left is the relays,I was told that I could switch them arround Because they are all the same even though they have different numbers.Is that true?
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

How about the rear quarter windows can you move these ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything else is working except the drivers side window.
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

ok, give me a minute

Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

the power unit you mention, where is it located ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Inside the driverside door. It was working, then it worked,then didn't work,worked then didn't work..finally it quit all together.It seems like it is not getting any voltage to the unit.
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

ok there is a small computer that energizes only the drivers door power window. Its below the left side of the dash.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you thee me what it looks like?
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

I will try, give me a minute

Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

actually its the fuse box under the dash, thing is that behind it there is a computer incorporated onto it. So your problem is coming from this fuse box. But you should check for voltage and ground at the window motor wires,

black/yellow and orange/yellow while trying to move the window. If there isnt any voltage there then you might have a bad fuse box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send this answer to my e-mail address? It's***@******.*** if I need to get back to you how can i do it?
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

check your mail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked it,nothing yet.
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

should be there maybe in a couple of second more..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just came .Thanks . I want to make sure that you get credit when I finish.I'll contact You back sa soon as I can.Thanks again Ron.
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

ok good luck and good night

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See You.
Expert:  JContin replied 1 year ago.

hi, were you able to get a fix ?